“You don’t need an invitation,
We’ll have tea and crumpets,
Toasted by the fireside.”
(“Step Inside” by The Hollies)
Tea, yes. I had to look up crumpets.
Hailing from England, they’re like a cross between an English muffin and a pancake.
And here I was thinking they were a sweet little tea cookie. I must say, though I’m not much of a tea drinker, the cookie sounds much better.
Is there a point to be made on my Tea & Crumpets invite?
Yes and I’ll number them.
1. I don’t own a proper tea service or a tea kettle.
2. The water for your tea will heat nicely via microwave.
3. I have two teas to choose from. Peppermint or Gently Chai.
4. Since I’m trying to do better on carbs, can I offer you tea with a hard-boiled egg?
5. If you’re still willing to accept my invite, might I make an additional offer? Coffee & conversation, cozied up Fireside.
Ah, and what might we talk about?
~ World problems
~ Soup recipes
~ TV screen cleaning
~ Carbs in hard-boiled eggs
I hope Jesus always gets our attention. Tea or coffee, His invite is always open.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
And so He does.
And so I come.
Come just as you are,
PostScript: 24 project boxes left (of 77) on One-a-Days. Optimism is rising as the temps begin to feel more Thanksgiving-ish (and when my tree goes up). Pressing on.